jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Passion's Sacred Dance (Harshad Wars)

Passion's Sacred Dance (Harshad Wars) - Juli D. Revezzo

Book Buy Links

AMAZON
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Battling mounting debt, Stacy Macken is determined not to lose her historic art gallery. When Aaron Fielding appears and offers to help, she fights to keep the attraction sizzling between them from clouding her judgment. He may be her savior in disguise--but can she trust him?

Aaron intrigues her with tales of the Tuatha dé Danann, god-like warriors who protect humanity from the monsters seeking their destruction. If Aaron can prove what he claims, she would give up anything to help--even the gallery he claims is sacred ground. But with her property set to stage the next epic battle, she needs answers. An old family diary will confirm the ancient legend is true, if only they can find it in time.

If the battle is lost, the enemy will take control of Earth for the next five hundred years. Stacy and Aaron's budding love might only complicate things.

My Thoughts

The vehicle of imparting information through the characters conversations coupled with the flashbacks/dreams that Stacy describe to Aaron thrust the reader directly into the story while at the same time the unfolding of the romantic aspects of Aaron and Stacey’s relationship add spice as well as interest to keep one engaged with them as this fantasy with a modern day setting takes place.

The beauty of the mythology mixed with the weaving of past and present create a unique tale that one cannot help but savor slowly, as reading too fast you tend to miss out on the smaller details that help to construct the what and why as it happens.

I found myself however unable to sit and read through as made the mistake of starting on a weekend which meant multiple interruptions so finished in bits and pieces what could normally have sped through in hours of one day.

This is a smoothly paced story that mixes myth and reality perfectly with the romance of Aaron and Stacy along with quite a bit of paranormal elements to add even more enjoyment to this first book in a series.

[Personal Kindle copy given an honest review]