jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Song of the Highlands: The Cambels (The Medieval Highlanders)

Song of the Highlands: The Cambels (The Medieval Highlanders) - K.E. Saxon
Book Info

Kindle Edition, 400 pages

Published May 2nd 2014 by Passion Flower Publishing

ASIN B00K3B0GGO

edition language English

other editions (1)

Source:Digital copy from Author in exchange for honest review

Book Buy Links

SMASHWORDS
AMAZON
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

**BONUS POSTQUEL INCLUDED AT BACK OF BOOK**

He captured her innocence with his savage desire, she conquered his heart with her song…

“Say naught. Else you shall be next.”

These are the words that leave a six-year-old Highland lass without a voice, and without memory of that terrible day her family's caravan was overtaken and her parents were slain.

Now, thirteen years later, fresh from the nunnery where she was taken after the attack, Highland Lady, Morgana Cambel, harbors only one wish: To have one night of ecstasy with the man of her dreams—her worldly, beautiful cousin's sometime lover—Robert MacVie. So, when she is offered such a chance—a secret switch—she determines to take it.

Highland Laird, Robert MacVie, desperately plots to ensnare his heiress lover into marriage in order to gain her dowry and pay his King the debt his late father owed, thus saving his clan from division and ruin. But a last minute switch changes the course of his life—and his heart—forever.

When their passionate interlude is discovered by her unctuous, devious uncle, nothing will do but that Robert wed the impoverished Morgana instead.

At first, they both resist. He, for the sake of his clan. She, for the sake of her unrequited love. But they quickly discover that resistance is futile. And a boon by the King soon lessens Robert’s debt. Now, as their desire for each other grows, as Morgana’s voice begins to return only in song, as their hearts bond, a legacy of jealousy and greed entraps Morgana in a furious death plot—and only her warrior-knight husband can save her!

My Thoughts

As someone who at one point read nothing but historical novels have developed a lifelong love of stories featuring the Scottish Highlands and the men and women whose passion for life is unsurpassed by any other characters.

There is nothing as satisfying as immersing oneself in a well spun story which is exactly what happened while reading about the tumultuous love affair between Morgana and Robert.

This is a lush, long read that has so many things going on you will not want to take a break but when you do it is easy to pick up where you left off. What I especially enjoyed is the way that all the plots in the book weave together to create a beautiful finale that makes up for all the times when it seemed that there would never be a truly happy ending for anyone.

Having read many others thoughts on this particular book have to agree with the majority that not only does the author portray this time period quite well but her characters are easy to relate to as well as fascinating to learn about, also the more mundane aspects of life during the 13th century are interestingly described which adds to the realism of the story as well.

I am thankful that we were given a bonus read at the end that also helped to give closure to a secondary plot.

This is a well researched, well thought out, extravagant medieval historical romance with tons of action-romantic suspense and lusty scenes hot enough to melt the your ereader!