jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

The Forever Song (The Blood of Eden: Book 3)

The Forever Song (The Blood of Eden: Book 3) - Julie Kagawa

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

VENGEANCE WILL BE HERS

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster?

With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

MONSTER

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions—her creator, Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost—the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie.

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, triumph is short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.

My Thoughts

In the previous book we are left reeling from the loss of Zeke Crosse and Allison is totally devastated. Now she, her maker and mentor Kanin and her blood brother Jackal are hot on the trail of bloody carnage that Sarren left in his wake on his way to Eden.

The trio are committed to ending Sarren’s undead life before his deranged dream is brought to life and the world of humanity once again faces a plague of horrible proportions!

As someone who has enjoyed this trilogy since it’s beginning it is indeed sad to see it end. However if one has to say goodbye than we could not have hoped for a better way to go, the non-stop action is bloody and violent, the interchanges between Allison and Kanin and Jackal prove that even a dysfunctional family is still better than being alone and the shocking twists that are unveiled enrich the dynamics that make these vampires come across as heroic even though we are fully aware that they can also commit acts so foul that redemption for them seems beyond hope.

This time it is not a matter of just surviving for Allison Sekemoto, it is a matter of choosing to survive without becoming the very thing she is hunting. The path she must take on her journey is not easy by any means but since first becoming a vampire Allison has proven over and over that she never gives up no matter how much she really wants to.

I feel that the ending was really a new beginning for Allie, a beginning that will take her to places she never expected to go and allow her to finally live up to the destiny that she only glimpsed in Eden. Not sure when the author will release her next book in her newest series but I know that it will be exciting and cannot wait to read it!

Powerful imagery and wonderful end to a wonderful trilogy!
[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]