jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Lowcountry Punch - Boo Walker (BOOK SYNOPSIS )After the worst Christmas Eve of his life, DEA Agent T.A. Reddick leaves Miami for the magical city of Charleston, South Carolina, hoping a return to his roots will heal a broken heart and the guilt of killing a friend. The sleepy and sultry town of Charleston is filled with echoes of the Old South: genteel playboys, society debutantes, and quiet cobblestone streets. But as Reddick will soon discover, there's danger lurking under her charming veneer. When a movie star's death shines a national spotlight on Charleston's underground cocaine trade, he must go undercover to find the main supplier and shut him down. As a hurricane bears down on the port city and the DEA gets ready to spring its trap, Reddick must contend with more than he ever could have imagined.Brash and bold, TA Reddick is a hero you won’t soon forget. Lowcountry Punch is an action-packed novel that will have you on your knees begging for more.(MY THOUGHTS)The authors laid back style of writing flows effortlessly across each page. While it is true that the main character of TA Reddick dominates the story the rest of the cast has just as much to offer to the reader in terms of interest and believability. This is a tale that is meant to be savored slowly like a glass of fine sipping whiskey, rush through it and you lose a lot of the impact along the way. I have always been fascinated by the thought of going undercover, it looks so cool when you watch an agent do so in a movie or in a television drama. In Low Country Punch, Undercover DEA agent T.A. Reddick dispells some of charm of going undercover. His role in this book makes the reader very aware of just how serious such a job really is, there is no second chance if you are found out. Putting your life on the line every day while doing said job becomes very real when seen through T.A.'s eyes!This story combines raw action with some of the most gentle tender scenes that tear your heart out while it is still beating that I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing in a book from a new to me author. Not only are you right there feeling everything with the characters but you can taste their emotions on the back of your tongue like they were your own.There are strongly visual atmospheric scenes of both the countryside and the people encountered during the course of the investigation process, the characteristics that differentiate the good guys from the bad guys are at times blurred but the reader is never left in doubt who is really who, all in all this is a very easy read for those of us who enjoy action and intrigue softened by a bit of romance along the way.The character of T.A. Reddick is not perfect, infallible or even one that is totally with some quirks that make him less than admirable. T.A. is however a man you want in your corner when it comes down to the wire, a man who has charisma, a strong sense of right and wrong and no give when he feels that justice needs to be served.Not only has this author managed to create a main character in T.A. Reddick who will be enjoyed by both male and female readers alike but he has taken the time to mesh several story lines together seamlessly, stories whose heart and soul beat in your imagination long after you finish the last page and put the book down no matter what format you read it in!{In the interests of full disclosure I must say that an ecopy of this book was submitted to me in exchange for an honest review. I also state that this in no way influenced my thoughts on the book.}