jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Chicks Kick Butt

Chicks Kick Butt - Chicks Kick Butt > Series Anthology holds novellas in 6 series that I have followed from beginning to ending and others that I have yet to start, in each offering the lead female metes out swift and sometimes brutal justice and in each story in this collection the author who wrote it cemented my pride in being female!From Rachel Vincent's "Shifters #6.5, Rachel Caines foray into a short trip with Joanne Baldwin set in her Weather Warden world, Jenna Black's adventure with Lugh and his host set in the Morgan Kingsley series, to a short adventure with Dorina Basarab (#2.1), author Cheyenne McCrays half human half Drow Nyx in her action packed Night Tracker #5.5 , all brought me front row seats with characters I have missed hanging out with since the series have all ended. There are several more such as Epic of Palins #1.5 that I never heard of but enjoyed even though I do not know any of the authors work.Years ago I started the Anna Strong Chronicles by Jeanne C Stein but quit after 2 books for some reason, however after reading short story "Superman" my interest was rekindled again.Carole Nelson Douglas and her tongue in cheek set in Sin City, Delilah Street series is also one that I got to read maybe 4 books and then fell behind on. I can truly say revisiting this characters world in "Monster Mash" left me wishing for a sip of a Vampire Sunrise and the latest book in the series so I could catch up.Thank you one and all to the 13 contributing authors, those I already loved and those new to me you truly have terrific stories penned in this anthology and I only wish would have enjoyed reading them sooner!