jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

The Edge of Never  - J.A. Redmerski Book InfoPaperback, 432 pagesPublished July 2nd 2013 by Forever (first published November 13th 2012)original title The Edge of NeverISBN 1455548987 (ISBN13: 9781455548989)edition language Englishseries The Edge of Never #1characters Camryn Bennett, Andrew ParrishSource:Netgalley EARCBook Buy LinksAMAZONB&NBOOK SYNOPSIS--The New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling blockbuster--Sometimes life takes you off course . . .THE EDGE OF NEVERTwenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone-including herself-when she decides to leave the only life she's ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together-or destroy them forever?Due to sexual content and language, this book is recommended for 17+ – Adult Contemporary Women’s – New Adult FictionMy ThoughtsWhen we start out Camryn Bennett is at a pivotal point in her life, having lost her first love in a devastating car accident, having her father walk out on his wife and daughter and in general feeling very disconnected to the rest of the world Camryn has come to the realization that the life she thought was to be hers no longer applies so she packs a bag and hits Greyhound and the open road looking for something to fill the void inside. Camryn's soon realizes that her impulsive decision may not have been such a bad idea as her trip to the end of nowhere soon turns into the trip of a lifetime when she and fellow traveler Andrew Parrish start to open up to each other as the miles and days blend. Seen through both Camryn and Andrew's eyes as the author trades out chapters with each others POV this is a road trip that is agonizingly honest, beautifully detailed without being overwhelming and the most unique way of setting up a romantic relationship that has been my pleasure to read in quite a long while. If you are looking for something that will knock you out of reading doldrums look no further you have found the book that will do that and more!Poignantly funny, dark and tensely emotional read that will have you on the edge of your seat at times before the suspenseful ending that had me bawling like a baby in agony and then with relief.This was an impulse read that turned out to be a refreshing change of pace in the New Adult genre in several ways that set it apart while allowing the book to remain true to the targeted age group and I look forward to more from the characters continuing story and more from the author as well.[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]