jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Alpha One  - Cynthia Eden BOOK SYNOPSIS"Julie's missing. You have to get her back."The minute he got the message, undercover agent Logan Quinn sprang into action. Getting Juliana James out of Mexico alive was the Elite Ops covert agent's only priority. But once the senator's daughter was safely back in their Mississippi hometown, Logan had a new mission: to get another chance with the woman he couldn't lose again.Juliana had never forgotten the day, ten years ago, when Logan left her heart in pieces. Now he was back in her life, sworn to protect her from the ruthless weapons dealer who wanted her dead. As passion blindsided her—and she was once again thrust into danger—Julie realized how much she'd risk for one more day in Logan's arms.My ThoughtsAt 20 Juliana James fell in love with tall, dark 22 year old Logan Quinn. Juliana never realized however that her father, Senator Aaron James, was responsible for Logan walking away. Ten long years have passed and Juliana has been kidnapped by "El Diablo", the weapons dealer who her father made the mistake of double crossing, the man who is convinced that Julie has evidence her father collected that could bring his organization down. Logan and his team of Black Ops, "Shadow Agents", have been contacted by the Senator to rescue Julie and bring her home safely.When reading a "2nd chance romance" that combines such violent action, suspenseful scenes of intrigue and mystery as well as really sizzling chemistry between the reunited lovers one almost always feels like things could haves been different if only some of the characters impetuous decisions would have been made using logic instead of emotion.Violent, action packed, bloody and totally sexy romantic suspense that delivers the chills and thrills readers have come to expect from author Cynthia Eden. With all the twists and turns in the story the reader is able to easily grasp what is going on at all times, the main characters come across well and are fully fleshed out in a way that makes them both likable as well as believably realistic when they interact. The fact that both Julie and Logan have kept secrets from each other plays a big part in how they treat each other after being apart for 10 years, the villain of this piece is both chilling and heartbreaking. I could not believe how fast this one read, it just seemed like had started and book was already finished! Alpha One is a smooth, sexy read that does justice to the Romantic Suspense genre and is a very good start to what I hope is a series that has a story for each team member as they are each and every one just as enigmatic and arresting a character as that of Logan Quinn! I am hoping for a chance to read Jasper's story Guardian Ranger soon as it is book 2 which released in February of 2013 and it promises to be as exciting as book 1.[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]