jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Magick - Trish Milburn BOOK SYNOPSISThe covens are coming for her.But is she a White Witch or a Dark Witch? In a war for control of the witch world, the answer will save-or doom-everyone she loves.In [b:White Witch|13485625|White Witch (Coven, #1)|Trish Milburn|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1329335123s/13485625.jpg|19021651], Jax gained friends she'd die for and a staggering power that threatens them all.In [b:Bane|14743698|Bane (Coven, #2)|Trish Milburn|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1339654989s/14743698.jpg|20392019], Jax did the unthinkable and killed a supernatural hunter to protect her friends. She found herself lost in darkness and prisoner to the Bane, a secret society of witches sworn to prevent the use of the dark magic.Now, in [b:Magick|16085722|Magick (The Coven, #3)|Trish Milburn|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1350618424s/16085722.jpg|21887598], the powers of Jax and her friend Egan have been magically bound by the Bane. She must convince the Bane she can learn to control her power and become a White Witch in truth. She's their only hope now that the dark covens have called a Conclave with one purpose-to kill this generation's White Witch and anyone who has ever stood with her. If Jax can't amass an army of her own, rebuild the trust of her friends and boyfriend, and find the White Witch's elusive weapon against the dark, it may be too late.My ThoughtsIn all three books we have a common theme, Jax is the only hope for both humans and witches to stand and win against the Dark Covens. Now in book three Jax has come full circle, bound from using her Dark magic by The Bane she must learn to fully embrace her White Witch magic before the covens converge on Salem and all out war ensues!Once again the author has created a story weaving friendship, love, trust and power into an intense combination. Jax and her friends Egan, Toni and Keller are all captured by the Bane. Jax and Egan's dark magic powers are suppressed using bracelets that the Bane have created to keep the dark magic at bay and Jax has to work in a race against time to learn how to harness the powers of the White Witch so that the prophesy that has her at it's heart can come true.There is not a page turned in this book where my respect for the way the author allows the reader into the characters minds, hearts, feelings with each scene and allows us to immerse ourselves in the story until we are living and breathing what is happening at any given moment. The pain and guilt that Jax feels for the hunter that she killed is like a fresh wound that keeps ripping open every time she thinks about Amos Barrow's horrific death at her hands. Likewise the fear she feels, that no matter what she will not be strong enough to keep her loved ones safe when the time comes, is so overwhelming that it leaves the reader wanting to reach their arms around Jax and hug her close for comfort.The story is more quickly paced this time as there is a lot of ground to cover as Jax works on understanding how to grasp her power without succumbing once again to the dark magic. The battle that she wages against her darker nature is a living breathing thing that seems to never end until the day that she finally breaks free of it's grip, fully utilizing and harnessing the power of the White Witch and banishing the dark magic inside her forever.The result of Jax coming into her heritage is both heartwarming and heartbreaking as it is such a huge responsibility for a teenager to bear. However at the end of the final battle there is a happy ending for Jax and her friends that will bring a smile to your lips as once again all is as it should be. Satisfying conclusion.An intriguing trilogy all told that will stay in my thoughts for awhile as the forces of good win over the forces of evil and that is the best HEA a reader can hope for![EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]