jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) - Katie McGarry Book SynopsisSO WRONG FOR EACH OTHER...AND YET SO RIGHT.No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with “freaky” scars on her arms. Even Echo can’t remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smokinghot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo’s world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she’ll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.My ThoughtsProbably one of the most disturbing, most engrossing, most unputdownable YA reads that I have read. The entire cast of characters in this story spoke to me loud and clear, the scenes set with Echo's high school peers were so emotionally draining as were those where Echo recovered a lost memory. Echo and Noah together are "pure magic", their mental and physical connection as they explored their relationship was fun, scarily realistic, heartbreakingly intense and one that I found myself unable to stop hoping would work out for the two of them despite the obstacles in their way. I am a new fan of this author, her writing style is not one of my favorites but the story she penned was one that I am totally in love with. Eagerly looking forward to the next book about Beth in this new series, [b:Dare You To|13561164|Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)|Katie McGarry|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1354200468s/13561164.jpg|19135892] as she is one of the secondary characters who I really connected with.[EARC courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.]