jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Shades of Gray: A Jude Magdalyn Novel - L.M. Pruitt Shades of Gray: A Jude Magdalyn Novel free on Goodreads and also on Smashwordsthat introduces us to Jude before the events taking place in the full length book. It is not however necessary to read it but if you do some of what Jude faces will make more sense.Magic, mysteries, vampires, family dramas, sarcastic kick-ass leading female character and romance fill the pages of this scintillating tale of intrigue and action penned by L.M. Pruitt. A very riveting page turning tale of Jude Magdalyn, former street urchin/grifter/pickpocket who has turned into a fire-wielding all around force to be reckoned with! Jude has been on her own for most of her 20 odd years of life after the death of her parents. Imagine her surprise when it turns out that she is a magic user of immense power who also happens to be the head of a group called "The Covenant" and has not only one but two of the men who are part of this group vying for her attention.I found this to be a stimulating reading experience, immediately drawn into Jude's story from the first page and as each layer of Jude's past is stripped bare and she has her family secrets revealed one by one I was holding my breath or in shock right along with Jude! The crazy cast of very multi-dimensional characters that make up Jude's new friends, and foes as well, are all add to what turns out to be a pretty interesting as well as very fast paced story. Being that the book is set in my favorite location of New Orleans with all it's wonderful ambience and spicy places to have a good time did not hurt either.Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Suspense story fans will all get a thrill out of this reading experience. Author L.M. Pruitt penned a story that you can not put down until all the secrets are revealed and the villain is either destroyed or manages to destroy Jude. To find out more you really need to pick up a copy and read this one for yourself! Book 2 Shades of Desire: A Jude Magdalyn Novel is also available on Kindle and in Paperback as well. I have to disclose that this book was an e-arc copy submitted to me by the author via The Bookish Snob Promotions for an honest review and that there is no other compensation from her, the tour host or the publisher except my reading pleasure and enjoyment of the characters depicted in the story.