jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Iron Crowned  - Richelle Mead Book SynopsisShaman-for-hire Eugenie Markham is the best at banishing entities trespassing in the mortal realm. But as the Thorn Land's queen, she's fast running out of ways to end the brutal war devastating her kingdom. Her only hope: the Iron Crown, a legendary object even the most powerful gentry fear...Who Eugenie can trust is the hardest part. Fairy king Dorian has his own agenda for aiding her search. And Kiyo, her shape-shifter ex-boyfriend, has every reason to betray her along the way. To control the Crown's ever-consuming powers, Eugenie will have to confront an unimaginable temptation - one that will put her soul and the fate of two worlds in mortal peril....My ThoughtsWhen I say that I loved books 1Storm Born and book 2 Thorn Queen in this series and thought that author Richelle Mead had created not only the most interesting female lead character and world building in Urban Fantasy those statements would not even come close to the impact the stories featuring Eugenie Markham had on me.Now after reading book 3 a little over three years after sitting down and enjoying the second book the impact is just as intense as ever, this story kept me enthralled as I once again engaged with Eugenie, her sister Jasmine, King Dorian, Rurik, Shaya and others that I had met in the past two installments.There is such a unique quality to revisiting favorite characters, it is like coming home to a house full of relatives that you have not spent time with in a while but you easily fall into comfortable rhythms of behavior no matter how much time has passed. This book was like that, even though it has been years the conflicts that Eugenie faced to hold onto her kingdom, to try and do what was best for subjects under her rule in the Thorn Lands as well as try to hold onto her life in the human world were just as intense as ever.All the political intrigue that went on, the threats that Eugenie faces, the unexpected conflicts between her and Dorian as well as her renewed relationship with Kiyo all add up to an explosive emotional ending that fans of this series will not want to miss!