jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Chain of Souls - Maria Zannini When read book #1 THE DEVIL TO PAY back in June fell in love once again with the storytelling ability of author Maria Zannini. This time around in book 2 the action is faster, the sexy scenes are steamier and the characters have matured and rounded out their allure for fans of the series. For those who are new to the work of the author you can find all her backlist info on Maria's blog and when you go check out the books pay close attention because this is a series of Novellas and they are fast easy reads that are just as good as the full length novels in her two other series! {Description of the story} Banished from Heaven for refusing to harvest an unwilling soul, Liam Chase drinks to forget night after night until the Angel of Death pays him a visit. For the price of a few humans souls, Ziva promises to get him reinstated into Heaven. Liam doesn't doubt her influence, but milking humans of their light is an unspeakable crime, punishable by eternal oblivion. He'd rather rot on Earth than commit such a monstrous sin. But the Angel of Death didn't get where she was by taking no for an answer. Ziva is a huntress of extraordinary skill and cruelty. If he refuses, his loved ones will be her next targets. And Ziva never misses.{My Thoughts}This time around not only is Shannon a woman to reckon with but once again readers will fall in love all over with Liam and Michael as they vie for the affections of the same woman! In Chain of Souls we are given a villainess that not only jumps off the pages with her evil but you will hope never to meet this character in a dark alley she is that down and dirty mean! The events that take place in this second story keep you engrossed from the very first scene to the last trying to stay one step ahead of the machinations of Ziva as she does her best to eradicate Shannon and wreak her worst with Liam and his brother Michael. They say that a writer cannot top their initial book in a series as the first one is always the best, not in this case, in my opinion this second offering has overtaken The Devil to Pay and taken the series to a higher level and looking ahead am really eager to see where it goes from this day forward with the next offering when it releases![E-copy from author in exchange for an honest review of the novella.]