jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

On the Hunt - Gena Showalter, Shannon K. Butcher, Jessica Andersen, Deidre Knight Having long been a fan of author Gena Showalter it was no surprise to enjoy her novella in this anthology. The Sentinel Wars novella by author Shannon K. Butcher is a look into an intriguing world of characters and makes me wish I had the whole series to enjoy. The Nightkeepers novella by author Jessica Andersen is one that took me right back into a very familiar rhythm with the action and the predicaments that the characters found themselves in, it was a perfect short story set in the world the author has created. The last Novella is in a series new to me by author Deidre Knight is new to me but after reading her contribution would some day like to read more of the God's of Midnight series full length novels.My only complaint, and it is for all four of the novellas endings, is that every ending in these stories was rushed and tied up too neatly for me. It did give a sense of completion to each story but was not totally believable even though I know the stories had to be kept short given the fact they were not full length books but those endings for me brought the rating of the anthology down.