jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Strange Brew - Charlaine Harris, Karen Chance, P.N. Elrod, Jenna Maclaine, Caitlin Kittredge, Rachel Caine, Patricia Briggs, Jim Butcher, Faith Hunter Book SyopsisToday’s hottest urban fantasy authors come together in this delicious brew that crackles and boils over with tales of powerful witches and dark magic!In Charlaine Harris’ “Bacon,” a beautiful vampire joins forces with a witch from an ancient line to find out who killed her beloved husband. In “Seeing Eye” by Patricia Briggs, a blind witch helps sexy werewolf Tom Franklin find his missing brother—and helps him in more ways than either of them ever suspected. And in Jim Butcher’s “Last Call,” wizard Harry Dresden takes on the darkest of dark powers—the ones who dare to mess with this favorite beer.For anyone who’s ever wondered what lies beyond the limits of reality, who’s imagined the secret spaces where witches wield fearsome magic, come and drink deep. Let yourself fall under the spell of this bewitching collection! My Thoughts My favorite stories are part of two series that clear up some of the questions readers have as to how certain things came about with the main characters.In author Jenna Maclaine offering featuring Cin Craven we learn how Cin finally came to control use of her powers.In author Faith Hunter prequel to her Jane Yellowrock series we meet Jane and watch how she and her best friend Molly start their relationship when they work together to save Molly's sister from a gang of rogue Vampires.The rest of the stories are from some of the authors that I now have been reading for years, as far as I can tell all but Jim Butcher and Caitlin Kittredge have written novellas that are not a part of a series but are fine stand alone tales with characters that all of their fans would enjoy meeting.I waited for years to get a chance to read this anthology and it was well worth it to me!