jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Forget Me Not (Mystic Wolves, #2) - Belinda Boring Book SynopsisOnly a fool would think they could steal from a werewolf …Anticipating a quiet night alone with the man she loves, Darcy’s world is sent into a spin with the arrival of someone from the past—Mason’s. She is further shocked by the intruder’s claim she may not even be the true mate of the Mystic Wolves Alpha. Accusations start to fly, leading to her new enemy being granted asylum, and this is just the beginning of trouble.Relying on the reassurances of Mason and the support of her friends and Pack, Darcy soon falls under attack. Suspicions are raised, and with no other choice, she must flee with Devlin to safety where hopefully they can untangle the lies hidden behind the use of magic. Time is quickly ticking away, leading to a showdown where everything is on the line. They need to uncover the truth before it’s too late, or once again, Darcy will need to fight to hold onto her dreams.My ThoughtsForget Me Not picks up with the cliff hanger that ended book 1, Without Mercy.The arrival of the mysterious Amber, the self proclaimed "Real future mate" for Mason puts Darcy's world into a tailspin. Lies, deceptions and cruelly harmful intentions are soon revealed when it becomes apparent to Darcy, Mason and Daniel that there is nothing Amber will not do to claim what she feels is hers by right!The passion that Darcy and Mason feel for each other, the love they share, the very future of they and their pack is once again threatened by outside forces. It is a testament to the authors skill in portraying each character in this series that once again the reader is drawn in deep and fast to the story, not putting the book down until all is revealed, the treacherous villain is dealt with, the final showdown is at hand and the last page is turned!If ever there were two characters who were truly "fated" to be together it is Mason and Darcy. Once again though we are left with an ending that leaves the future of these two lovers hanging in the balance. Will they ever catch a break and have their HEA? Waiting to find out what happens next in book 3, "Testing Fate", is going to be so excruciating but I have the feeling it will be worth it! For anyone who loves sweet romance mixed with wicked heat, anyone who enjoys dramatic beginnings and endings to a story, anyone who enjoys reading about a vampire who is trying to find his own identity by dressing up in the most outlandish ways he can find and brings a bit of lightness with humorous snark than you will enjoy this second foray into the world of The Mystic Wolves and their friends.[An ecopy was provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ]