jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Guardian of Fate (Fate, #1) - L.J. Kentowski Book SynopsisFear of death is all too common. Visions of it chill the bones and skip heartbeats. Seeing it coming and knowing only you can rescue the soul of the victim from the fiery bowels of hell…that’s downright life-altering.Cassandra Cosgrove’s life was altered at the age of sixteen when she found out that it was her responsibility to save the lives, and ultimately the souls, of innocent victims targeted by Hell’s demons. As impossible as it seemed at first, she was able to live a fairly normal life, while secretly fulfilling her obligation as a Guardian of Fate.But years later Fate has its own plan when her visions begin drastically changing at the same time two mysterious men appear in her life. Cassandra suddenly finds herself caught in a battle between good and evil, with her own soul on the line. When it seems everyone in her life has a secret they’ve been hiding from her, who can she trust to be the Guardian of her Fate?My ThoughtsThis book is the author's debut novel and is full of secrets, lies, strong emotions, complicated characters and battles between good and evil. Not only is it action oriented but the whole time you are reading the story will keep your full attention so you do not miss what happens next! The romance that adds edgy spice is a secondary story but in no way detracts from what Cassandra has to face while coming to grips with who and exactly what she really is.While this is only the beginning of a series it is one that paranormal fans will want more of, especially since the ending of this story leaves so many questions still unanswered for Cassandra. [Personal copy bought by me to read when author had it on sale for 99 cents on Amazon.]