jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Opal Fire - Barbra Annino Opal Fire debut novel from author Barbra Annino is a crazy mix of mystery, magic, thrills, romance and humor! It grabs you, pulls you in and let's you have a good time with all the main characters as well as the secondary ones... From Stacy herself, her no nonsense cousin Cinnamon, her cop boyfriend Leo all the way to her wonderful Great Dane Thor everyone is believable as well as well fleshed out... By the time you get to the end of the book they are all like friends and family... Stacy has a big family of course and as they live in a small town everyone seems to know everyone else. My favorite character has to be Thor, he has a Gigantic Personality to match his gigantic body! Stacy's wicca heritage is at times amusing and for her also frustrating as no one seems to want to give her any useful help or even a straight answer to her questions! Her Aunts are about as eccentric as you would expect but all the more interesting because of it!The book is not only full of wonderfully engaging characters for the reader to learn about, it also encompasses a decently devious plot that twists along in unexpected places and keeps you on your toes trying to figure out what is going on... Just about the time you think you do, you find out you really don't!I enjoyed the books plot, all the many and varied characters, the actual villain of the piece was not exactly a surprise but a revelation of sorts as even though at times you want to pick that particular person due to some red herrings when they are finally revealed your first instinct is to say "No it can't be!"I have to say that spending the day reading and laughing and crying at the messes Stacy keeps finding herself a part of made this not only a good way to spend my day but it also taught me to have a healthy respect for anyone who considers bringing home a Great Dane as a pet... They are like having an overzealous child that eats like a horse, and is almost as big as one too!If Bloodstone book #2 in the series is as fun a read as Opal Fire was then author Barbra Annino has created a series to watch for and read to it's conclusion... This book is for anyone who likes snarky humor, eccentric characters, hunky somewhat chauvinistic boyfriends and huge slobbering farting dogs who are about as lovable as they can get! If that all applies to you than you will love this mystery and like me want more when you finish!