jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Murder Has Consequences - Giacomo Giammatteo BOOK SYNOPSISFor a select few people, friendship lasts forever. Nicky Fusco and Frankie Donovan were friends like that, but that was years ago. Now Frankie’s a detective in Brooklyn’s Homicide department, and Nicky is a reformed hit man. But when Frankie gets in trouble—and the law can’t help him—he turns to Nicky. The problem is that Nicky promised his family, and God, that he’d go straight.My ThoughtsWhat can be said about a book that you totally cannot put down but that it was a fantastic reading experience that you were sad to end!After enjoying book one in this series it was with great joy and anticipation that I cracked open the digital pages on this second book in the Friendship and Honor series, it truly gave me everything a reader can hope for with characters you have grown to enjoy spending time with and a crime drama scenario that just chills you through and through as it played out.It is honestly safe to say that my love of the murder mystery thriller genre has been restored by the author as this is the third book of his that I have enjoyed and for sure it will not be the last!We were first introduced in Murder Takes Time to the characters of "Bugs" Frankie Donovan who is a Brooklyn Homicide Detective and his childhood friend Nicky "The Rat" Fusco who did ten years in prison for murder and is now working hard at a job in construction to support his wife and teenage daughter.Frankie comes home to Wilmington Delaware to bury his father while his partner in Brooklyn,Lou, continues to work on the murder case that Frankie was in the middle of when he left New York.This story is once again very brutally graphic in it's descriptions of the murder victims, the vicious acts that the murderer commits against his victims and the overall feeling in the book is one of spine chilling horror at times that someone could possibly be so unfeeling and cruel to his fellow man.That being said there is nothing that does not elevate the suspense and the overwhelming hope that Frankie and his fellow Homicide officers will quickly bring the killer to justice as soon as possible!There is also the murder of his brother-in-law that takes place while Frankie is in Wilmington to bury his father, a murder that the local police officer in charge of the case seems determined to pin on Frankie.This brings Nicky into the picture when Frankie asks for his help to find out who the real killer is, this also leads to Nicky facing a very hard decision as to whether his lifelong friendship with "Bugs" is worth compromising his promises to his family that he would never go down the criminal path again.There is nothing like the bonds of true friendship based on honor and trust after many years of facing the hard knocks that life throws at you, the world would be such a better place if more of us could find such friends and keep them closely nurtured.This second book in the series explores many facets of right, wrong and gray that we all have to muddle through when walking the road that life puts us on. Sometimes that road is rocky and for Frankie and Nicky also full of potholes which the author somehow manages to help them navigate in ways that will wring tears of sympathy from you for both of them.The pace of the book is so smooth that you do not realize just how far into the story you are until you look at the page or in case of digital reader the percentage that you are on in the book, it just keeps you in your seat as page after page flies by! You can bet for sure that when third book Murder Takes Patience releases it will be read ASAP![Personal Kindle copy purchased by myself when book released in February of 2013 to read for pleasure.]