jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Keeper of the Night  - Heather Graham BOOK SYNOPSISNew Keeper Rhiannon Gryffald has her peacekeeping duties cut out for her—because in Hollywood, it's hard to tell the actors from the werewolves, bloodsuckers and shape-shifters. Then Rhiannon hears about a string of murders that bear all the hallmarks of a vampire serial killer, and she must confront her greatest challenge yet. Together with Elven detective Brodie McKay, they head to Laurel Canyon, epicenter of the danger, where they uncover a plot that may forever alter the face of human-paranormal relationsMy ThoughtsWhen I first discovered Heather Graham years ago it was under her alias of Shannon Drake, her paranormal romance suspense thrillers were a breath of fresh air and I read as many of them as possible. In the intervening years since the author has kept me as a fan as she kept penning book after book that spanned the genres of mystery thriller, to paranormal romance, to contemporary suspense and once again in returning to her "Keeper series" her work still provides me with enjoyment.This time the setting is Los Angeles, the City of Angels and more importantly revolves around the Hollywood players that are made up off all types of supernatural beings as well as human. The story is intense and there are going to be times when the descriptions of the murder victims may make the reader squeamish as it can get pretty graphic but to truly get a feel for how hard it is to solve the crimes that part of the story is necessary to emphasize the challenge faced by both the Keeper's and the police.Rhiannon and her cousins Barrie and Sailor are the newest LA Keepers since they replaced their fathers, Rhiannon is the Keeper of the Vampires, Barrie is the Keeper for the Shifters and Sailor is the Keeper for the Elven, and all three women are untried as they were not really ready to assume a role they each thought would not be something they had to deal with until later on in their lives not in their early 20's.Young though the cousins may be they step up to the plate to fulfill their duties admirably and the ensuing action that this story revolves around is very thought provoking, very excitingly set up and kept me totally engrossed in the book from start to finish. As a romantic suspense/urban fantasy read I thought that it was one of the better stories that has come out in this series so far! As we follow the series we will find out what kind of trials and tribulations as well as romantic entanglements are in store for Barrie and Sailor in the next books releasing in March and May, Keepers of The Moon-The Keeper's L.A. #2 and Keeper Of The Shadows-Keeper's L.A. #3 .I really enjoyed this one, Hollywood crazies and a murder mystery together was very well matched.[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]