jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Dancing (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #22.5)

Dancing (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #22.5) - Laurell K. Hamilton
Book Info

Kindle Edition, 59 pages

Published September 17th 2013 by Berkley (first published September 1st 2013)

ASIN B00EZGN2VO

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

For most people, summer barbecues are nothing to be afraid of. But Anita isn’t exactly plain vanilla—and neither is her love life. So it takes a special kind of courage to attend a barbecue thrown by her friend Sergeant Zerbrowski. Walking into a backyard full of cops and their families with wereleopards Micah and Nathaniel both looking gorgeous on her arm won’t be easy, even with almost-four-year-old Matthew Vespucci to break the ice…

Anita is determined to have a good time with her family, just like everyone else. But it doesn’t take long for tensions to rise among the adults and kids. And Anita will learn that gossip and innuendo can be just as dangerous as anything the undead can throw at her…

Includes a preview of Affliction, the new Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novel.

My Thoughts

Although there is a bit of drama, as there always seems to be when Anita, Micah and Nathaniel appear together in a social setting that is made up of non-preturnaturals, this very short snippet into an afternoon at the Zebrowskis was actually a very pleasant change of pace for fans of the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series.

I especially enjoyed the scenes with Matthew, from the mouths of babes truth is truly spoken!

The way in which everything worked out once all the tensions in the group are diffused made it possible to see that no matter how different we all are we all still enjoy a good meal, good friends and in the “Dance of Life” you take the time to enjoy little things that you can when you can because you never know what may happen next.

A pleasant afternoon party with some of her coworkers that allows Anita fans a bit of a break from the normally chaotic scenarios she is usually in the middle of.

The ending scene where the children dance with one another was both sweet and cute but when the adults took their turn on the floor it was sigh worthy romantic.

Just an FYI that this “novella” ended on my Kindle at 88% and then the preview started.

[Kindle version borrowed from Public Library]