jackiebcentraltexas

The Lodge on Holly Road - Sheila Roberts
Book Info

Paperback, 368 pages

Expected publication: October 28th 2014 by Harlequin MIRA

ISBN 0778316610 (ISBN13: 9780778316619)
edition language English

series Life in Icicle Falls #6

other editions None found

Source:Netgalley EARC

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

How Santa Gets His Christmas Spirit Back…

James Claussen has played Santa for years, but now that he's a widower, he's lost interest—in everything. So his daughter, Brooke, kidnaps him from the mall (in his Santa suit!) and takes him to Icicle Falls. She's arranged a special Christmas at the lodge owned by long-widowed Olivia Wallace and her son, Eric. And yet…Brooke wants Dad to be happy, but she's not ready to see someone else's mommy kissing Santa Claus.

Single mom Missy Monroe brings her kids to the lodge, too. Lalla wants a grandma for Christmas, and her brother, Carlos, wants a dog. Missy can't provide either one. What she'd like is an attractive, dependable man. A man like John Truman… But John's girlfriend will be joining him in Icicle Falls, and he's going to propose.

Of course not everything goes as planned. But sometimes the best gifts are the ones you don't expect!

My Thoughts

Never expected to become engrossed in and than spellbound so easily by this story, a story which brings together a group of strangers and transforms them into friends and family!

Not having read previous Life in Icicle Falls books this was a grand introduction to the series, even though it came 6 books in.

The ambience that permeates the town of Icicle Falls is described in a manner that takes the reader right into the heart of everything, from the smell of roasted nuts to the sound of carolers and the shimmering lights glinting off the fallen snow.

Not only do we feel the magic of Christmas but we also feel joy for each character who is in need as they each find that this holiday season wishes long held in their heart are finally coming true in ways they never expected or planned for.

Having lost family at Christmas it was a very easy thing to empathize with both James and Olivia as well as his children and hers, it was even nicer to see their past memories of happier times overcome the pain of loss that lingered and be replaced instead with new memories filled with the joy of making someone else happy.

Fun as well as seriously uplifting this book will help create anticipation for a holiday that deserves more than just fancy wrapping paper, shiny bows and stress. If you are are looking to find a story that invokes the true spirit of Christmas you have found one, this was a fun engrossing tale that left me feeling nostalgic and happy at the end.

We all could use a holiday hideaway like the Lodge on Holly Road!

[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]