jackiebcentraltexas

As Long As You Love Me - Ann Aguirre
Book Info

Paperback, 352 pages

Expected publication: September 30th 2014 by Harlequin HQN

ISBN 0373779844 (ISBN13: 9780373779840)

series 2B Trilogy #2
other editions (1)

Source:Netgalley EARC

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Most people dream about getting out of Sharon, Nebraska, but after three years away, Lauren Barrett is coming home. She has her reasons - missing her family, losing her college scholarship. But then there's the reason Lauren can't admit to anyone: Rob Conrad, her best friend's older brother.

Football prowess and jaw-dropping good looks made Rob a star in high school. Out in the real world, his job and his relationships are going nowhere. He's the guy who women love and leave, not the one who makes them think of forever - until Lauren comes back to town, bringing old feelings and new dreams with her.

Because the only thing more important than figuring out where you truly belong is finding the person you were meant to be with.

My Thoughts

It was kind of hard for me to really like Lauren Barrett in the first book I Want It That Way but now having learned what motivated her poor decision making and the real reasons why she blew off college and returned to her hometown of Sharon Nebraska she is a little easier to relate to as well as understand.

Rob Conrad, being the older brother of her best friend Nadia, did not have much of a role to play in the first book. He was however introduced as being the sibling who was undervalued in his parents eyes and that theme continues in this story as well.

As many problems as Lauren has she also has good insight into people so it is no real surprise when she is the first person to have seen past the outer package into the inner being of Rob, something he has a hard time believing after having been put down by so many people for so many years of his life for being just a “pretty face/hot body” rather than being smart or talented in comparison to his younger sister.

Rob also sees inside the true heart of Lauren, despite the issues that drove her to flunk out of college she has a good head on her shoulders and people smarts that are far beyond her age.

These two have known each other for so many years but never really connected one on one, it was delightful to see them becoming friends in their own right as well as finally finding out that the crush Lauren had on Rob was returned!

This felt like a much more believable romance than that of Nadia and Ty but that is not to say Lauren and Rob are a better couple just easier to relate to for me. The anxiety and poor self esteem issues addressed on behalf of Lauren and Rob just reinforced that no matter the outer package ones inner self can be damaged but appear fine.

I loved this as much as book one I Want It That Way and look forward to Max's story next.

[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]