jackiebcentraltexas

Holding Strong - Lori Foster
Book Info

Paperback, 480 pages

Expected publication: March 31st 2015 by HQN Books

ISBN 0373779615 (ISBN13: 9780373779611)

edition language English

series Ultimate #2

other editions None found

Source:Netgalley EARC

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

An up-and-coming MMA fighter wants more than just one night from a woman fleeing her past in Lori’s irresistible new novel.

Heavyweight fighter Denver Lewis plays real nice, but he doesn’t share. That’s why he’s been avoiding top-notch flirt Cherry Peyton. But a man can only resist those lush curves for so long. Their encounter surpasses all his fantasies, bringing out protective urges that Cherry’s about to need more than she knows…

Denver’s combination of pure muscle and unexpected tenderness has been driving Cherry wild. Yet no sooner does she get what she’s been craving than old troubles show up on her doorstep. And this time, Cherry can’t hide behind a carefree façade. Because the man by her side is one who’ll fight like hell to keep her safe…if only she’ll trust him enough to let him…

My Thoughts

We return to the world of the Ultimate series, a world that is both intense and also low key as the fighters must be aware at all times that their training makes them both a weapon as well as a target for ego driven muscle heads so keeping their cool makes all the difference in certain situations.

Denver Lewis has recently joined the SBC, the organization that has the potential to take him all the way to the top spot in the MMA if he can keep on target with his training and his anger in check when it comes to Cherry Peyton.

Cherry is in her early twenties, she is a bubbly curvy and all around gorgeous young woman who caught Denver’s attention upon their very first meeting. Too bad for him that she does not seem to be able to curb her flirtatious manner as Denver is not willing to get involved with someone who revels in the attention of multiple admirers as he wants to be the only one his woman needs on her mind.

Once again we find two people whose mixed signals have kept them apart when they could have found happiness together sooner, also the second that Cherry finds herself threatened is a major stumbling block because she prefers to work out her problems alone rather than involving Denver and his friends.

The way in which this story unfolds is one that will have it’s readers totally on Denver’s side for the most part, he is very sweet, very gentle, very caring, very protective and even when overbearing in his take charge attitude never comes across as a bully so naturally you want Cherry to listen to him.

Cherry has had a childhood that would never wish on anyone, the past experiences that she lived through were a nightmare and the situation that she finds herself in now is one that is both scary as well as very seriously dangerous if not handled correctly.

As we learn more about both Cherry and Denver it becomes very apparent that this couple has issues to work through both together and alone but the hope is that in doing so they will form a lasting strong relationship that will last. Whether that happens or not one must give them both credit for being as open to trying as well as strong enough to take a chance given their past histories.

Reading this was like being part of a reunion with all the characters, loved seeing how everyone rallied as needed and the off-the-charts heat between Cherry and Denver was scrumptious.

Looks like one by one our MMA fighters are finding that special someone as well as their careers are revving up and life is on track.

[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]