jackiebcentraltexas

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

A hot and consuming New Adult romance about a wayward musician and the one girl who keeps him grounded…

At college, Rachel has a reputation for being a sarcastic flirt with a thing for star athletes. No one at school knows that she’d had her heart ripped to shreds by her high school sweetheart, who’d driven them both off the side of the road on a borrowed motorcycle, and then abandoned her. No one knows the real Rachel Mattson—except one person…

Ever since he helped nurse his sister’s feisty best friend back to health, pierced bass player Kai Nakos has been head over heels in love. But the supposed bad boy can’t risk letting Rachel know the truth—especially now that the two of them are back in their hometown for the summer, together for the first time since the months following that fateful night. Never mind that Rachel’s ex is back, groveling for her forgiveness.

Shaken by her ex’s return, Rachel finds herself turning to the one guy she knows she can trust. Kai is willing to hide his feelings for her, just to have Rachel touch him again. After all, this is only a temporary fling. Until it becomes something more. But maybe it had been more all along.

My Thoughts

From the first time I read the book synopsis this one called to me, the intensity and the sheer thought of finding ones self in Rachel’s circumstances was a strong hook that I wanted to explore to see how things had turned out for her following her recovery.

The very deep feelings that both Kai and Rachel have for each other are apparent to everyone but them from the get go, as they allow themselves to explore their combustible attraction to each other those feelings only grow until they become all consuming.

A friends to lovers story that is based on mutual need and yet also has a very solid background in mutual affection and caring, a very compellingly honest look at two people who are trying so hard to come to grips with life and finding it a very bumpy road to overcome mistakes made in their past.

Not having read the first two previous books in the series that were the stories for Rachel’s college friends Avery and Ella it still does not feel like I missed out on anything as this was focused on telling about how Rachel overcame her past and the present situation where she and Kai are finally acting on the chemistry between them.

The author used dual POV throughout the book which really helped to establish a better connection with both Kai and Rachel’s characters as well as showing how each of them worked out their confusion internally as they became more involved with each other.

Book 3 of series but it never felt like I missed anything as this was all about Rachel and the pages flew as I devoured her passionate tale! I loved the fact that this had a complete resolution even though there are more books to come, the fact that the ending was solid really helped it to stand on it’s own without relying on reading the rest of the series.

[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]