jackiebcentraltexas

Book Info

ebook, 324 pages

Published May 1st 2012 by Katherine Tegen Books

original title Insurgent

ISBN 006211445X (ISBN13: 9780062114457)

edition language English

series Divergent #2

characters Albert, Drew Leighton, Tobias Eaton, Eric, Beatrice Prior

setting Chicago, Illinois (United States)

literary awards Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award (RT Award) for Young Adult Protagonist (2011), Goodreads Choice for Best Young Adult Fantasy and Best Goodreads Author (2012)

other editions (104)

Source:Kindle version borrowed from Public Library

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

My Thoughts

This time there is no hiding what she is for Tris and her fellow Divergents, this time they are the ones whose abilities will make a difference between living or dying, this time the secrets that are so much a part of who they are will make a wedge between Tris and Tobias that they must fight hard to bridge and this time hold onto your hat because the ride is even bumpier!

Having fallen for the craze when the movie version was released and after watching when it came out on DVD read a copy of book 1 Divergent and was intrigued so when found Kindle copies available through my Public Library for the second and third books was happy to be able to borrow and read them.

Looking forward to the day when book 3 [b:Allegiant|17383918|Allegiant (Divergent, #3)|Veronica Roth|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1368111284s/17383918.jpg|15524549] becomes available to me to read as have to now know more than ever how things finally turn out!

[Kindle version borrowed from Public Library]