jackiebcentraltexas

Noble Intentions

Noble Intentions  - Katie MacAlister
Book Info

Mass Market, 384 pages

Expected publication: May 6th 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published February 1st 2002)

original title Noble Intentions

ISBN 1402294360 (ISBN13: 9781402294365)

edition language English

series Noble #1

characters Gillian Leigh, Noble Britton - Lord Wessex

setting London, England (United Kingdom)

other editions (15)

Source:Netgalley EARC

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Having suffered at the hands of his first wife, Noble Britton refuses to fall into the same trap again. He wants to marry a quiet woman who will not draw attention to herself. Half-American Gillian Leigh attracts Noble, but this accident-prone beauty wreaks havoc on his orderly life. Reissue.

My Thoughts

There is a trend amongst authors right now that I am enjoying immensely, they are re-issuing/re-releasing some of their older works and allowing fans to discover them and this series is one of those as the first three all have re-issue dates prior to newest book in August 2014.

This particular books back cover synopsis does not manage to convey even half of just how much is going on inside it’s pages, the reading was fast-fun and purely enjoyable while also using quite a few of the more well known formulas of a historical romance.

The way in which this is most unique however is the amount of times you will laugh out loud at some of the more outrageous exploits that Gillian Leigh manages to always find herself embroiled in throughout the story.

Noble Britton, Lord Wessex, is purely a typical romance hero in many respects but he has a vulnerable side that will appeal to any woman who finds themselves drawn to the tall quiet type with a devastatingly wicked sensual side!

As someone who has previously enjoyed paranormal romance works by the author this was a refreshing change of pace with an outspoken out-of-the-box historical romance heroine that was truly a joy as she managed to capture the hearts of everyone including myself as the story unfolded.

If you are looking for a break from the normal rather too serious historical romances you have found the perfect book, filled with the silly humorous mishaps that seem to follow Gillian no matter where she goes you will fall as deeply in love with her as the "Black Earl" Lord Noble Wessex long before the tale is told! Either that or you may feel it to be too much of a fluffy piece and give up, either way you will not be unaffected.

I look forward to maybe one day reading more of this series as still have Charlotte, Harry and Leo’s stories to enjoy.

[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]