jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Flesh and Flames (The Flesh Series)

Flesh and Flames (The Flesh Series) - April Fifer, Danielle Hylton-Outland
Book Info

Kindle Edition 130 pages

Published November 29th 2013 by Silver Publishing

ASIN B00H5UZZ12

edition language English

series The Flesh #2

other editions (1)

Source:Kindle copy from April Fifer and Danielle Hylton-Outland in exchange for honest review

Book Buy Links

AMAZON
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Time has been all but kind to Azaleigh over the past year, but with this time, change has filled a void caused by broken dreams. Gage, always a permanent fixture, has waited for his chance to steal her heart. Just when Azaleigh gives in, the unimaginable happens -- Kale returns. But he's not the same. Fear harbors inside Azaleigh's mind as she tries to run from torn emotions. Things are not what they seem. A web of deceit clings to the secret Az has been waiting to uncover -- Anna. As the surreptitious story is revealed, horror of the ones behind it is mind-blowing. Will the mystery be brought to light or will it remain hidden from the fire within?

My Thoughts

Azaleigh Carlton was ripped from her comfortable simple life in Flesh and Feathers and found herself caught up in events that showed her that evil does exist and that sometimes it is hidden in beauty.

Book two picks up where the last book left off once again thrusting Azaleigh in the middle of danger with her shattered heart causing her to make a decision that forces an unknown enemy into drastic measures.

I totally am torn between Gage and Kale at this point, both men have shown over and over again they would gladly protect Azaleigh from harm but since she and Kale parted company over a year ago she has come to depend more and more upon Gage for comfort and support. Even by the end of this story with Kale now back at her side Gage is still very much in the picture as a protector.

This is a hard book to write too much about as there are a lot of plot points that cannot be shared without spoiling the entire point of the story. Suffice to say that there are questions answered from the previous book now and there are many more questions still to be answered about what kind of future Azaleigh has to look forward to, one thing is for certain this is a quick read that once again mixes action with suspense with mystery and even a hint of romance that will leave you wanting more.

I look forward to seeing how things play out when the next book continues the story!