jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Broken Blade (Colbana Files #3)

Broken Blade (Colbana Files #3) - J.C. Daniels
Book Info

Kindle Edition, 254 pages

Expected publication: January 6th 2014 by Shiloh Walker, Inc.

original title Broken Blade

Book Buy Links

AMAZON
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Kit Colbana: assassin, thief, investigator extraordinaire. Now broken. She always expected her past to catch up with her but never like this. Haunted by nightmares and stripped of her identity, she’s retreated to Wolf Haven, the no-man’s land where she found refuge years before. But while she might want to hide away from the rest of the world, the rest of the world isn't taking the hint.
Dragged kicking and screaming back into life, Kit is thrust head-first into an investigation surrounding the theft of an ancient relic...one that she wants nothing to do with. Her instincts tell her it’s a bad idea to just leave the relic lying about, but finding it might be just as bad.

Forced to face her nightmares, she uncovers hidden strength and comes face to face with one of the world’s original monsters.

If she survives the job, she won’t be the same...and neither will those closest to her.

My Thoughts

I believe that events and circumstances in our past forge us into who we are mentally, physically, spiritually and that in some cases they make us stronger for having experienced them in ways that we do not even begin to understand until faced with even harsher trials that life throws our way.

In Book 1-Blade Song Kit Colbana is a bright light as the starring character in an exciting new series for lovers of the Urban Fantasy genre, in Book 2-Night Blade that light dimmed into darkness and drug the reader into it so deep there seemed to be no way out and now in Book 3-Broken Blade Kit has taken our hand and is slowly shattering the darkness as she has begun rebuilding her fractured identity.

Once again as we descend into the world created for us by author J.C. Daniels the highly emotional tension at the end of Book 2-Night Blade fresh in our minds we are hoping that Kit can rise above the mental and physical ordeal that brought her to the brink of a despair so deep that she is still struggling to recover her indomitable will.

As always the shocks, the thrills, the action, the suspense and the sheer joy of the re-emergence of Kit over the course of the book was worth the wait thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for approval to read one of my favorite Urban Fantasy series follow-up stories! I have to say that am thankful this story is no where near the darkly painful read that the previous one became at many points in the narrative, it is nice to see that though things have changed once again for Kit they are changing in a positive way that proves once and for all that inner strength overcomes many more of life’s obstacles than we ever thought possible. Plus it also proves that the opinions of those who care for us far outweigh those who wish us harm in the long run!

Series order to read books that have released so far:

Novella-A Stroke Of Dumb Luck, Book 1-Blade Song, Book 2-Night Blade, Book 3-Broken Blade.

If you have not already ordered your copy do not delay you are not going to want to wait to read this one if you are already a fan of the series and if not you are missing out!
[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]