jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

The Love of My (Other) Life

The Love of My (Other) Life - Traci L. Slatton Paperback, 236 pages
Published January 31st 2013 by Parvati Press (first published January 29th 2013)
original titleThe Love of My (Other) Life
ISBN 0984672621 (ISBN13: 9780984672622)
edition languageEnglish
other editions (3)
Read from December 17 to 18, 2013
Paperback copy provided by author

Book Synopsis
What worlds would you move to be with your soulmate?

Painter Tessa Barnum is struggling. Her husband left, she's broke, about to be evicted and has made some serious missteps in her career. When scruffy Brian Tennyson explodes into her life, claiming to be from an alternate universe, Tessa thinks he's a crazy vagabond ― albeit one with mysterious and undeniable appeal.

Then he informs her that in his world, they're married.

Tessa's universe is turned upside down as the truth of love and loss, victory and humiliation, and second chances comes back to her. She has to choose love over logic to reach that state of anticipation where miracles unfold.

The secret to her own life was always in her heart.

My Thoughts
The cover does not fit the book but once you read the story the covers meaning is revealed so to speak and makes more sense.

Zany, humorous, sad, uplifting, this particular romance will appeal to those of us who sometimes prefer stories that are a little offbeat and a lot cerebral rather than sexy. Tessa has some major life lessons in store and some surprises along the way that will give the reader a smile while learning right along with her.

This book was both different and out of the box enough to make it unique but at the same time held a message of hope for those of us whose lives are in a rut of our own making that we can change the future if only in small ways that will make it better.

[Paperback copy provided by author in exchange for honest review]