jackiebcentraltexas

Book Info

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

Expected publication: March 25th 2014 by HQN

original title Dash of Peril

ISBN 0373778570 (ISBN13: 9780373778577)

edition language English

URL

series Love Undercover #4

Source:Netgalley EARC

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

A no-nonsense female cop reluctantly teams up with the one man who makes her lose control in a deliciously sensual new novel from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster…

To bring down a sleazy abduction ring, Lieutenant Margaret "Margo" Peterson has set herself up as bait. But recruiting Dashiel Riske as her unofficial partner is a whole other kind of danger. Dash is 6'4" of laid-back masculine charm, a man who loves life—and women—to the limit. Until Margo is threatened, and he reveals a dark side that may just match her own.

Beneath Margo's tough facade is a slow-burning sexiness that drives Dash crazy. The only way to finish this case is to work together side by side…skin to skin. And as their mission takes a lethal turn, he'll have to prove he's all the man she needs—in all the ways that matter.

My Thoughts

Dash Of Peril is the fourth book in the Love Undercover series and quickly drew the reader in with the fast action in the beginning scenes.

Like each of the previous works this story focuses on one particular couple, but it also cameos previous characters allowing a small glimpse into what is currently going on with them to a point.

In the previous books the character of Lt. Margaret Peterson is not one that has endeared herself to me, that changed the first time she cuddled her elderly blind cat Oliver and I felt a connection as a pushover pet lover myself!

The beginnings of the relationship between Margo and Dash started heating up earlier in the last book Getting Rowdy and is now explored in depth as we enjoy watching this intimidating female find her softer side in the arms of a very capable alpha male who provides not only emotional support but a very real physical one when needed.

Dealing with her family issues has never been pleasant for Margo Peterson, they are all brought to a head in this story managing to complicate the investigation into the abduction ring that has become more of a personal threat as well as a professional one to Margo.

Filled with enough tension, suspense, twists and turns that leave you guessing and a lovely romance between Dash and Margo that leaves you breathless this story pushes all the right buttons!

Simply put this story exceeded my expectations so while sad to see this series come to a close excited to start the next one as it begins with Cannon's story in the fall of 2014.

[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]