jackiebcentraltexas

Hell on Wheels

Hell on Wheels  - Julie Ann Walker
Book Info

Kindle Edition, 380 pages

Published August 7th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published August 1st 2012)

original title Hell on Wheels

ASIN B008B8A8JQ

edition language English

series Black Knights Inc. #1

characters Nate Weller, Ali Morgan

setting Illinois (United States) North Carolina (United States)

other editions (13)

Source:Kindle version borrowed from Public Library

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

He’s the bad boy she’s always wanted…

Nate “Ghost” Weller has loved Ali Morgan nearly half his life. But he’s done something so heinous he’s convinced she’ll never forgive him if she discovers the truth, so he keeps his feelings and his secrets to himself. Then she blows into town with a mother lode of bad guys on her tail and Nate can’t deny she’s in serious trouble. Unfortunately, he’s the only one who can help her.

She’s the good girl he’s kept at arm’s length…

Ali knows Nate as the most solemn, aloof man on the planet. Sadly, he’s also the sexiest. For years she’s avoided him, unable to stomach his dark scowls and brooding silences… especially when she secretly yearns for his touch. Now she must rely on him to save her from the malevolent shadows ghosting her every move. When the bullets explode, so does their passion. But can love really conquer all? Or are some things just too terrible to forgive?

My Thoughts

Great world building, great romance, great action and suspense but while liked this debut into a new series did not love it.

Some of the reasons others mentioned kept me from totally enjoying this story, too many characters introduced, too many times where Nate bemoans his unsuitability for Ali, the overwhelming amount of time we have to spend on secondary plot points that set up book two and most of all the time spent with Ali upchucking just was a major turnoff for me.

I thought this really had potential but fell short for me in the way it was all over the place rather than a more linear storyline.

Once again am so happy to have borrowed rather than bought the book.

[Kindle version borrowed from Public Library]