jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Live Wire (Myron Bolitar, #10)

Live Wire (Myron Bolitar, #10) - Harlan Coben
Book Info

ebook, 0 pages

Published March 1st 2011 by Signet Book

original title Live Wire

ISBN 1101476168 (ISBN13: 9781101476161)

edition language English

series Myron Bolitar #10

characters Myron Bolitar, Terese Collins, Esperanza Diaz, Windsor "Win" Horne Lockwood, III, Mickey Bolitar

other editions (56)

Source:Kindle version borrowed from Public Library

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

When Myron Bolitar gets involved in the family drama of his former tennis star client and her rock star husband, he discovers secrets about his own family, specifically his brother, who abandoned the Bolitars long ago. As Myron races to locate his missing brother while their father clings to life, he must face the lies that led to their estrangement-including the ones told by Myron himself.

My Thoughts

I found myself in a bit of a quandary having read [b:Shelter|11198650|Shelter (Micky Bolitar, #1)|Harlan Coben|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1376593172s/11198650.jpg|14729522], which follows Myron's nephew Mickey as the main character, before reading [b:Live Wire|8437667|Live Wire (Myron Bolitar, #10)|Harlan Coben|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1395350143s/8437667.jpg|14598314] where we are first introduced to Mickey.

I thought that this was indeed a turning point for Myron in many ways, it really cemented that his longtime estrangement from his younger brother Brad had eaten into his conscience for the entire 16 years they had spent apart and it also made it clear that no matter what we do with the best of intentions sometimes things just work out wrong.

This was a masterfully executed family drama incorporating all of the elements of danger, mystery, suspense and sarcastic wit that has come to be expected from Myron's adventures. There was also a few twists not least of which of course was all the effort spent setting up how it came about that every event tied together by the end in a way that seemed believable as well as reasonable and setting up the beginning for the spin off series with nephew Mickey which I think will appeal to more than it's target audience.

[Kindle version borrowed from Public Library]