jackiebcentraltexas

Book Info

Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages

Expected publication: April 7th 2015 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

original title Bite at First Sight

ISBN 1402274505 (ISBN13: 9781402274503)

edition language English

series Scandals with Bite #3

other editions None found

Source:Netgalley EARC

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

When Rafael Villar, Lord Vampire of London, stumbles upon a woman in the cemetery, he believes he’s found a vampire hunter—not the beautiful, intelligent stranger she proves to be.

Cassandra Burton is enthralled by the scarred, disfigured vampire who took her prisoner. The aspiring physician was robbing graves to pursue her studies—and he might turn out to be her greatest subject yet. So they form a bargain: one kiss for every experiment. As their passion grows and Rafe begins to heal, only one question remains: can Cassandra see the man beyond the monster?

My Thoughts

After missing out on book 2 One Bite Per Night there were flashbacks hinting at bits and pieces of Lydia and Vicente's story so really did not feel lacking for not reading it. In this third book we find ourselves rooting for Rafe Villar who has been cast in the past as a rather forbidding, darkly brooding male who seldom seems to find pleasure in any one or any thing around him.

It was gratifying to not only watch Cassandra shake his conviction that his disfiguring scars were in any way repulsive to her but it was also grand to see her find a champion in Rafe, someone who did not think her being female should ever stand in the way of her dream of practicing medicine.

This was different in tone than the initial book in the Scandals with Bite series, in some ways it was richer and in some ways it was darker but in every way it was enjoyable reading.

[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]