jackiebcentraltexas

A Cowboy's Christmas Promise - Maggie McGinnis
Book Info

ebook, 280 pages

Expected publication: November 18th 2014 by Loveswept

ISBN 0553394568 (ISBN13: 9780553394566)

other editions (1)

Source:Netgalley EARC

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

In a captivating novel spiced with holiday magic—perfect for fans of Rachel Gibson, Susan Mallery, and Molly O’Keefe—a rugged Montana man mends a Northeast girl’s jaded heart.

Boston veterinarian Hayley Scampini tends the city’s pampered pets but dreams of the rural life of a country vet. She’s single and determined to stay that way, convinced that love isn’t permanent enough to trust. Then a vacation to the Whisper Creek dude ranch introduces her to Daniel McKee, a sexy single dad who runs the kind of veterinary practice she aspires to—and rattles her conviction to keep men at a distance.

Managing a thriving practice, coping with the loss of his wife, and fighting a custody battle with his in-laws over his twin daughters, Daniel couldn’t be more overwhelmed. Hayley is a godsend, accompanying him in the field and winning over his girls. It doesn’t take Daniel long to realize he’s falling for this woman, hard and fast. So before Hayley returns to Boston, he extracts a promise: that she will return to Whisper Creek for Christmas. It’s the perfect time and place to show Hayley that the promise of a beautiful life together is something she can believe in.

Praise for Maggie McGinnis

“Maggie McGinnis writes the kind of characters that keep you smiling long after you turn the page.”—USA Today bestselling author Katie Lane

“A writer with a talent for both humor and emotion.”—New York Times bestselling author Lori Handeland, aka Lori Austin

“McGinnis comes out of the chute with force, grabs your emotions, and gets a death hold on your attention to the last page, where you sigh and wish there was one more chapter.”—New York Times bestselling author Carolyn Brown

“Heartwarming and sweet, Maggie McGinnis is definitely an author to watch!”—USA Today bestselling author Tina Leonard

Includes a special message from the editor, as well as an excerpt from another Loveswept title.

My Thoughts

Hayley went to Montana for her best friends wedding and looking for a cowboy to spend a night or two with and heat up the sheets, Daniel is the only veterinarian for over a hundred miles and may not be a cowboy but boy does he measure up in comparison.

The two are instantly combustible, the fact that Hayley has trust issues where men are concerned is a big stumbling block and the fact that Daniel is a widower of two years who is not looking to replace his wife is an even bigger one, somehow you just know that these obstacles will be overcome it is the journey as to how that really hits you in the breastbone a time or two!

I found myself enthralled time and again with the wonderful scenarios pictured when Hayley interacted with Daniels 7-year-old twin daughters Grace and Brynn, the love and caring bond that the three established almost instantly upon first meeting was just joyful in the extreme. The fact that Hayley was fighting to form such a relationship made it even that much better as it developed naturally on it’s own just like the one that she found herself helpless to resist with Daniel.

Not only was the location breathtaking, and one that I wish to revisit again and again even if only in the pages of a story, but the characters were all engaging as well which for me always adds to the enjoyment of a book by an author that have not read before. This may have been my first foray into the world of Whiskey Creek Montana but certainly hope it is not my last!

Lovely story of first love and second chance at love.

[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]