jackiebcentraltexas

The Shape of My Heart

The Shape of My Heart - Ann Aguirre
Book Info

Kindle Edition, 352 pages

Expected publication: December 1st 2014 by Harlequin HQN (first published November 25th 2014)

ASIN B00LE6J1AE

Book Buy Links

Amazon
B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Some people wait decades to meet their soul mate. Courtney Kaufman suspects she met hers in high school only to lose him at seventeen. Since then, Courtney's social life has been a series of meaningless encounters, though she's made a few close friends along the way. Especially her roommate Max Cooper, who oozes damaged bad-boy vibes from every pore.

Max knows about feeling lost and trying to move beyond the pain he's been on his own since he was sixteen. Now it's time to find out if he can ever go home again, and Courtney's the only one he trusts to go with him. But the trip to Providence could change everything because the more time he spends with Courtney, the harder it is to reconcile what he wants and what he thinks he deserves.

It started out so simple. One misfit helping another. Now Max will do anything to show Courtney that for every heart that's ever been broken, there's another that can make it complete.

My Thoughts

Friends to lovers, wonderful in theory but sometimes not so fantastic when put into practice. Author Ann Aguirre is someone who knows how to take such characters and make their relationship issues both realistic as well as giving readers people that one cannot help but hope for things to work out!

I found myself really enjoying the “conversations” Courtney had with her lost love Eli and even more enjoyed when she finally allowed herself to “let go” of the need to do so when she found closure with that part of her past.

Max had always been such a good guy, even when he came across as something of a dip when it came to relating deep emotions to anyone. His slow unfurling of trust with Courtney was a wonderful act of healing that affected both of them so powerfully that when that trust was betrayed in his mind it nearly broke them both in two.

I would hope for anyone who enjoys a good tear jerking romance story that they have the chance to read each book in this series, if not for sure that they read this third book as it was the best one yet.

Tears your heart right out but this, this is what real life puts you through and this is what a real love story can be like.

Not going to deny Max has always been one of my favorite characters, to have he and Courtney fall for each other slowly over time was awesome as was the ending epilogue 6 years later for everyone who mattered in the 2B trilogy.

[EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]