jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Wicked Beat (The Sinners on Tour)

Wicked Beat - Olivia Cunning Book InfoExpected publication: September 2013 (first published August 6th 2013)edition language Englishoriginal title Wicked BeatURLseries Sinners on Tour #5characters Eric Sticks, Rebekah BlakeSource:Netgalley EARC for honest reviewBook Buy LinksAMAZONB&NBOOK SYNOPSISFrom the moment he lays eyes on Sinners’ new front of house soundboard operator, drummer Eric Sticks knows he has to make Rebekah his. Unfortunately, she’s too busy trying to seduce guitarist Trey Mills to pay him much attention. Rebekah never planned to fall for the tall, goofy drummer with the weird sense of humor and a heart the size of the galaxy. But Eric makes her laugh and his constant attention makes her feel sexy and irresistible–exactly what she needs after the things her last lover said to her. A woman who gives as much as she takes, Rebekah makes Eric feel like a total stud–exactly what he needs after surviving a decade of watching the incredibly talented members of Sinners from the wings.My ThoughtsRebekah Blake has an ear for metal music and her eye on sexy rock guitarist Trey Mills so when she has the opportunity to fill in for her older brother Dave, Sinner's longtime front of house soundboard operator who is recovering from a wreck which left him in a wheelchair, she of course jumps at the chance to work with the group and most of all the chance to possibly make all her fantasies involving her and Trey come true.You know what they say about the best laid plans, Rebekah never stood a chance from the minute she laughs at the crazy oddball jokes drummer Eric Sticks their fate is set for the pair. Eric is the one Sinner's member whom we have really not gotten to know yet, he has been there on the sidelines from the beginning starting in book 1 Backstage Pass where he was introduced with the rest of the band members. From then till now he has kept a fairly low profile, other than tidbits here and there about his phenomenal talent musically, his perverted sense of humor and his voyareuristic tendencies in the bedroom.This is another over the top sex, sex and more sex Sinner's fanfest read and even though by the end I was on board with Eric and "Reb" for a while her total fixation on Trey just kept me from being totally comfortable with her as Eric's "lady". There is a lot of time spent in this book where your heart will melt as each one of the guys shows their softer side when it comes to their support, respect and joy in Eric finally finding someone who makes him happy. I think that even though this series has now ended and even though all of the guys are "taken" the fictional band and it's respective members still have a lot of fans waiting out there in the wings just needing to meet them and enjoy all their craziness like the rest of us who have devoured the series have done.Not a fan of the way the books were released but did try to read the timeline in order to keep it as straight in my own mind as possible, even if you do not you are still going to wish the "tour" never ended![EArc from Netgalley in exchange for honest review]