jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Kiss of the Vampire

Kiss of the Vampire - Cynthia Garner Okay this one has a lot of science fiction elements in it used as a way to explain the existence of paranormal creatures on earth, it was a unique take on origins of vampires and werewolves for sure.Nix was a perfect mix of sassy smart aleck and vulnerable young woman trying to prove herself.Tobias, her ex, came off as someone it would be a really good idea not to ever get on the bad side of.Detective Dante Macmillian was a good foil to help break up the tense moments during certain scenes.All together the three made a good team and as they worked together to solve the ongoing murder investigation each of their different personalities became more and more defined through the story.I am glad to have finally taken the book off my shelves to start the series, although it did not quite carry the punch of other first books in a series thought it was set up well enough to invest the time to see what happens next. I especially would like to see the villain caught and brought to justice, sooner than later in the series if possible.