jackiebcentraltexas

Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

Anything But Vanilla - Madelynne Ellis Book SynopsisWhy settle for just one man?Kara North is on the run. Fleeing from her controlling fiancé and a wedding she never wanted, she accepts the chance offer of refuge on wild, rocky Liddell Island, where she soon catches the eye of the island’s owner, erotic photographer Ric Liddell. Wickedly sexy by day and just plain wicked by night, Ric rules his domain like a feudal lord. He’s used to getting what he wants, without any commitment, and just when Kara thinks she has him hooked, he hides behind a cool, dispassionate mask.But pleasure comes in more than one flavour when Zachary Blackwater, the charming ice-cream vendor also takes an interest, and wants more than just a tumble in the surf. Zach offers her warmth that she never felt from her ex, and soon it’s not just the ice cream that’s melting.When Kara learns that the two men have been unlikely lovers for years, she becomes obsessed with the idea of a threesome. Zach is reluctant, until he sees the dynamic effect Kara has on Ric’s emotions. She might be the key to finally capturing Ric’s heart.Soon Kara is wondering how she ever considered binding herself to just one man. She’s never had so much fun or felt so uninhibited, but just when everything seems so perfect, the man she left behind returns with some very old-fashioned ideas about rescuing her and taking her home to his own idea of wedded bliss.My ThoughtsThis is the most scorching, no-holds barred, dirty sex reading I have ever had the pleasure to find yet! Not only did I read half of the books 200+ pages on my little bitty smart phone screen but once I transferred it from my archives on my Kindle DX to be read where I left off could not stop until done.Kara, Zach and Ric are all very strong characters. Each of them have quite a bit of baggage that seems to crop up and make them say and do things they shouldn't at the most inopportune times. The secondary characters in the tale add a bit of color to the story without taking anything away from the main three and their interactions. This was a thrill-a-minute roller coater ride as they became more and more involved with each other, the sheer physicality of the relationships of the three were dynamically portrayed but the beauty of their mental connections is what really solidified the story for me.The nicest thing about reading a book like this was the buildup of the characters relationships outside the arena of sexual interactions, at times it was funny, at times it was very intense but it was always illuminating!If you are looking for sweet romance there is a bit of that in this book, (not much) if you are looking for some of the hottest M/F/M or M/M/F action out there than you have found the book for you to enjoy.I am not sure if I will ever get over the sheer "kinky" fun that these three got up to but can sure say that it was fun while it lasted from page 1 to the last![Amazon had this one as a free read so I snagged a copy, could not put it down hardly to go to sleep once I started it!]